Q: Paint problems like bubbles and rust, not an old car

Ever since it passed 30,000 miles on the odometer, my 2011 Ford Explorer has had bubbles and rust spots on the hood. It is at 40,000 miles now with no reason for weathering, but the problem is only getting worse. I dislike the bubbling paint and how old it makes my truck look. Is there anything I can do to the remaining paint to prevent further damage?

Have a certified Ford dealership look at the hood to determine the cause and suggest the best course of action to take. If the dealer corrosion warranty does not cover the repair, then another course of action is to have a body shop strip and repaint the hood. Keep receipts in case you need to seek reimbursement from Ford for the repair. You can preserve the remaining paint by keeping your vehicle covered and out of the direct sun, as well as waxing the vehicle.