Q: The cigarette lighter is not working. What should I do?

The cigarette lighter is not working for like three months now and I have been searching for the fuse which I only managed to find today written on it H/CLN. The original fuse is supposed to read 20A but I replaced it with a 25A and did not work either. The one which was there was a 15A and was blown. Kindly advise. Thanks

A: You will need to get the fuse replaced if i...

You will need to get the fuse replaced if it was blown. If you use a phone charger, it may have blown the fuse if it was shorted. Check to see if that may be the case. If not, check for power to the electrical outlet. Your car may have a bad lighter or socket which is causing this problem.

If you need assistance in determining the cause of the blown fuse, get a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the cigarette lighter and replace the fuse for your vehicle.

Recommended services
Get a Quote