Q: Leaky sunroof makes the car smell damp

I am usually not one to complain, but the sunroof leak in my 2008 GMC Acadia is really an inconvenient issue. It drips water into the car and then the whole car smells moist and has to air out. I have 75,000 miles on this car so I still expect to use it for a while. What’s the most reliable way to fix this? Not looking to have this issue pop up again.

First the rubber seal around the sunroof would have to be checked for damage, deformities and cracks. There are four water drains under the sunroof that go to the four corners of your vehicle. The water that gets by the window is supposed to drain to the outside of the vehicle through the drain hoses. Sometimes these hoses get clogged with debris from leaves, dirt and other contaminants. When they clog, the water has to go somewhere and that means inside the vehicle. Sometimes they can just be cleared with an air hose and gun using low pressures and then flushed out. If this does not work then the inside headliner has to come out and the clogged hose removed and cleaned out or replaced as needed.

3. Leaky sunroof makes the car smell damp