Q: There is no power going to fuel pump. Check relay it's good.

asked by on November 16, 2016

There is no power going to fuel pump. I changed relay still no power bought new pump still no power. The car was driving perfectly fine.before Parked it the next morning won't start

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Have you inspected/replaced the fuel pump fuse? The ECM controls the fuel pump relay and this relay will only energize when commanded on. Does the check engine light come on; if not, then the ECM is not turning on. Do all the other combination meter warning lights come on? Are there any codes stored in the ECM? There are a lot of things that need to be verified before replacing any other parts as this will eventually become very expensive. Many times, the battery has failed and the vehicle will not start or provide power; it could simply be worn out or there could be a parasitic draw or a weak alternator that is not properly charging. A test of the battery with a digital tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health should be done first. The battery is the heart of the electrical system and if it stumbles or fails, it can affect all other systems. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr