Q: turn key, dash lights come on, gauges work, but nothing from the engine, is it the starter?

as i said in the question, the starter has been giving me some issues, a mechanic at firestone said it could be something wrong with the gear thats inside the starter, it may be missing a tooth, if so, josteling the starter might fix that right? i hate the hit it approach, but if it will start my car.....where do i kick

You need to make sure you are getting the signal to the starter through the transmission shift sensor. If you try and move the shifter to neutral and move the shifter holding the brake and then try to crank the engine. If it still does not crank, then check for power to the starter motor solenoid and replace the starter if you get power but have to tap starter to get it to turn.

3. turn key, dash lights come on, gauges work, but nothing from the engine, is it the starter?