Q: Tappet noise oud, rough idle 2009 Ford Focus

Tappets seem noisey juddering in idle rev slightly go up hasn't been serviced in a while

Hi there - the valve mechanism on your Zetec engine uses solid lifters (or cam followers to be more precise), and need to be adjusted periodically. As you mention, the delayed maintenance may not be helping here as well. I recommend an oil change service and a valve adjustment service to get your engine tune back, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and perform these maintenance services.