Q: Rattling sound coming from beneath steering wheel

asked by on February 28, 2016

I hear a rattling noise coming from beneath the steering wheel on my jeep.When I touch the brake pedal it stops for a few minutes before starting again. Even when I turn the engine off, the noise continues until I step on the brake pedal.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The most common cause of this would be a clicking relay or something else that is loose. This is a more uncommon issue that will require diagnosis to confirm. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car’s rattling noise and perform the required repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr