Q: New car oil consumption before 1st oil change

My 2016 vw jetta s manual 1.4l turbo has consumed 1.5 qts of oil at 4800 mi with easy driving. This is just shy of the 1/2 way to 1st oil change.

I assume this excess consumption should be major cause for concern in a brand new vehicle? I''ve also had check engine light come on twice p0556 1 "failure & replacement of brake vacuum pulp relay 2 "due to software update" (dubious reason at best), and now the brake pedal feels slightly spongey as if the pedal could just keep going. There have also been periodic brake pedal pressure changes with flux in vacuum like ac compressor ... any idea if these point to major issues for longevity or imminent mechanical failure?

Could the oil consumption be about vacuum integrity of engine??

Your help much appreciatef

Hi there. Either the positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV) or the turbo has excessive oil blow by. Check the PCV valve and see if its working. Check the air filter to the engine and make sure that its dry and the air intake plumbing is dry. If so, then there could be an issue with the turbine on the turbo causing oil to leak into the exhaust system. Since your vehicle is brand new and has only 4,800 miles and is less than 15 months old, then I recommend having your vehicle sent over to the dealership for this issue since your vehicle is under the warranty from the manufacture. If you need further assistance with excessive oil consumption, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you if the dealership will not fix your vehicle.