Q: Key will lock doors and trunk, but not unlock doors on 2004 BMW 645Ci

I am having difficulties with the passenger window and also the key control.

Passenger window: It is possible to lower the passenger window using the window control, but it will not bring the window up.

Key control: I can use my key to lock the car’s doors, however the key will not unlock the doors.

It will open the trunk, lock all doors, and also will set the alarm. But even if I push the key more, it will not unlock the doors.

In your professional experience, what are the causes to these two problems and how can they be repaired?

A: Hi there. The first thing I would do is try...

Hi there. The first thing I would do is try another key to see if you get the same results from the key control. If the separate key works, then it is the key that is the problem.

If not, then I usually start by reprogramming the receiver module first. If that does not help, then the module may need to be replaced.

As for the window, if a window will go down and not up then the left actuator is bad. It takes more effort to close a window, so a failing actuator cannot close the window. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your door locks and windows so that you can have the correct repairs done.