Q: I start the car when it's cold. It starts normal then almost dies then returns to normal idle. Now it hesitates on acceleration.

First this is a 2002 Chrysler town and country limited 3.8 liter this problem started 3-4 months ago i cleaned the throttle body it slowed the problem down then the fuel pump went out had it replaced and it did not fix this problem i thought it might be throttle position censor or could it be idle air bypass valve it starts fine when it warms up please if you have any ideas thank you pat

Hi there. Check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if its working. The IAC is designed to make the engine run at idle in all climate conditions. Also, check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if its dirty. If a MAF is not working properly, then the engine can stall out and even cause the engine to hesitate on acceleration at times. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling in cold weather, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I start the car when it's cold. It starts normal then almost dies then returns to normal idle. Now it hesitates on acceleration.