Q: 88 mazda mx6 gt crank no start

asked by on April 08, 2017

I bought a 88 mazda mx6 gt 5 speed turbo. All stock. When i went to drive it it falls on its face and wants to die. I could only get to fire up if timing was fully advanced. I have check my crabk timing mark and the cam timing marks both line up with the arrrow at number one on the cam and the notch in the crank os at tdc. Ive replaced vaf igniter coil cap and rotor. I cant get it to do nothing but crank. The plugs are wet with fuel after cranking. I am getting spark at all wires..... Help me please

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Be sure the fuel is not old. Old gas will not start or run an engine. Initially, check the throttle position sensor. If that checks out, carefully check engine compression in each cylinder. If there is no, or inadequate, compression the engine won’t run under any circumstances. If compression is within factory specifications, and there is fresh fuel being delivered by the injectors (not just "to" the injectors) and the ignition system is working, that simply means that the air fuel ratio of the mixture delivered to the cylinders is so far off that the mixture just won’t ignite. Such could be due to a big vacuum leak. Regardless of the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you promptly. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.