Q: Bad smell, probably antifreeze leaking

I was extremely surprised when my 2012 Chevrolet Cruze suddenly smelled like hot antifreeze. This is not something I expected at 28,000 miles! The car is nearly new and now it smells like something is leaking. The smell is coming through the vents. This is very inconvenient and I cannot deal with it for very long. Before I take my car in for service, is there anything I could patch or tighten which may be causing the problem?

The smell of coolant or antifreeze is always concerning, especially with a car that has such low mileage as yours. Given the symptoms you are describing, the best thing you can do is have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible. Due to the low mileage and year of your vehicle, I highly recommend taking it to your local certified Chevrolet dealership and have it inspected for coolant leaks. If a coolant leak is found, it will likely be under the dashboard coming from the heater core area. Because you are still under warranty, the repair can be done free of charge through a Chevrolet dealership.

3. Bad smell, probably antifreeze leaking