Q: Will the mass airflow sensor stop my car from reaching proper acceleration?

asked by on October 05, 2016

Will the mass airflow sensor stop my car from reaching proper acceleration and make it run missing?

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. A faulty mass airflow sensor can certainly effect power, performance, and economy. If the engine computer does not read the mass airflow or any other sensor, it relies on basic settings to run. It does not adjust for temperature, airflow, etc. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose any issues your car may have, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.