Q: how hard would it be to change a solenoid? 2003 Jeep Liberty

asked by on December 27, 2016

I've had The transmission pressure sensor switch B circuit malfunction code for a while. We have changed the pressure sensor twice changed the transmission fluid and filter and the code still remains. My jeep hard shifts often, sometimes it won't shift on its own and I have to put it into first and shift up to drive. I've also significantly lost fuel efficiency and I was wondering if this would be an easy task or something I need to pay hundreds of dollars for. thank you very much I appreciate it

Hi there - replacing shift solenoids generally involve draining transmission fluid, removing the pan and filter from the transmission, and sometimes, removal of the valve body of the transmission as well. This can be fairly involved, but still less expensive than a transmission rebuild. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.