Q: The car is overheating and losing water, but can't see traces of a leak

The is constantly overheating and losing water from the radiator. The radiator has been reconditioned and new pipes have been fitted. I was then advised by a mechanic that it's the head. The engine head was skimmed and fitted. The same problem still persists and the engine sounds a bit rowdy on start and squeaky when idling, then stops. I think this could be the timing belt. I'm also thinking that maybe the radiator was not the problem and the water pump could be the problem. I'm residing in Zambia. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

A: This may be also related potentially to a b...

This may be also related potentially to a blown head gasket. If this is the case you will be losing coolant consistently and the car will overheat. You may also notice traces of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

I would suggest checking the coolant to see if there are traces of oil in the coolant. Also, try checking the oil to see if you see traces of water in the oil. If either or both of these are true, it is quite likely you have a blown head gasket.