Abs light on wont come out of limp mode v6-2.5l abs (anti...

Q: Abs light on wont come out of limp mode

asked by on September 09, 2017

Abs light is on car will not come out of limp mode

The ABS refers to the anti lock braking system. When the light is on it doesn’t mean you don’t have any brakes, It means that the automatic system that keeps the brakes from locking up when you are on a slippery surface will not work. The brakes themselves should still be working as though you were driving a car built in 1985. When your car starts up, it does a series of self-checks on the ABS and other systems and if something doesn’t pass muster it lights the warning light and shuts down the system. In the case of ABS, the fault is most likely in a wheel speed sensor. The controller will have stored codes to indicate the defect and these codes can be read by a technician with the appropriate scan tool. A generic scanner like they use at the auto parts store probably won’t do the trick in this case. You can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your ABS and let you know what is the solution.