Q: Shifting issues, grinding noise. 2013 Scion FR-S

I've been experiencing clutch issues in my car that happen intermittently. The clutch is positioned a bit too high. The shifting from first into second gear is a little hard. I have to shift as quickly as I can so as to prevent engine noise. I have to press the clutch to the limit. There is a grinding noise when gears are shifted. How can I fix this?

Hello. One option would be to adjust your clutch pedal or have it adjusted by a professional. It is also possible that there is a problem with the clutch slave cylinder. When this part is faulty it will cause a grinding noise while shifting, and will thus make it difficult to shift gears. If you need further help with this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting issues and perform any repairs that are needed.

3. Shifting issues, grinding noise. 2013 Scion FR-S