Q: I hear a rattling noise in the back of my car.I was told I need rear struts not sure which parts

I went to the Mercedes dealership and described a rattling noise in the back of my car. I was told that I need "both rear struts" and was quoted $2400 for the repair. I have a mechanic who will do the work for much less if I buy the parts. I am struggling with which parts to buy. I see rear right upper, rear right lower, rear left upper, rear left lower. I am not sure if I need to purchase all of them or just the lower or upper.

Hi there. I would strongly recommend having a professional mechanic accurately diagnose the issue you’re having if you are going to have a private, non-Mercedes Benz certified mechanic complete these repairs. By having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and completing a car is making a noise inspection, they will be able to pinpoint the source of your noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. I hear a rattling noise in the back of my car.I was told I need rear struts not sure which parts