Q: Saturn vue 2005 check engine light most of the time P0172 errors.

asked by on February 03, 2018

Kinda started out me just going in to the auto repair shops “ARS” , to turn of the check engine light. Lead me to $1200 in repairs no fix. We did plugs, etc..., oxygen sensor and one more sensor and the light keeps coming on and off. Most the time it is a generic P0172.

I think I am closing in on chasing it again. Possible new plugs, EVAP and a new throttle body. Would love to see the light resolved.

P0172 means the fuel system is too rich; rich beyond the ability of the closed loop system to compensate. It might be a vacuum leak, a mass air flow sensor, or a fuel pressure regulator problem. At that age it could even be leaking fuel injectors. But don’t run out and buy all those parts yet. Fixing a car by replacing parts until the problem is solved can get very expensive very quickly. You need to have a proper diagnostic process. You can get the car checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Saturn and let you know what is the solution.