Clutch broke and won't shift into gear. mitsubishi explor...

Q: Clutch broke and won't shift into gear.

asked by on December 29, 2015

My problem seems like it is something with the clutch. I had a similar problem before where the stick would get really hard to move and wouldn't even move into each gear.

This could be a symptom of a bad clutch. Another way to test the clutch is to drive down the road, get into 3rd gear and with your foot on the gas pedal push the clutch in and let the clutch out. If you feel the clutch slipping and the engine continuing to rev after you release the clutch then you probably have a bad clutch.