Q: Speed control broken. 2005 Buick Terraza

asked by on September 01, 2016

My speed control doesn’t work. So I had a certified General Motors dealer look at it. The steering switch was OK. The Engine Control Module was OK. And I even tried a new Engine Control Module, but it didn’t do any good. Do you have any suggestions or ideas as to how to fix this?

You may be having a problem with the throttle control actuator assembly not getting a signal from the ECM, or the actuator module is defective. The cruise control test with the dealer scanner can monitor all the inputs and outputs of the cruise control and should have been diagnosed by the dealer when you had them test it. If the ECM did not fix it, then the throttle control assembly may be the problem. Have the dealer test it again since you paid for the diagnosis. If you’d rather have it checked elsewhere, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the speed control.