Q: High idle and car won't stop

My car is idling between 5,000 and 6,000 RPMs, and it won't stop when I press the brake pedal. My airbag light is also on and my fuel gauge is not correct. My car did suffer some water damage in the past.

A: Hello. This sounds like it may be a faulty ...

Hello. This sounds like it may be a faulty Mass Air Flow sensor or a throttle arm that could be stuck. It could also be an air leak. A good way to test for leaks is to spray starting fluid on the gaskets. After you do that, listen for any changes in the RPMs. I suggest having a certified mechanic come out inspect your engine’s high idle and braking issue. I would have these issues addressed immediately because there is serious risk involved when driving with dysfunctional brakes.