Q: 2011 BMW X5 needs a Valve Cover Replacement not just gasket...what will it cost?

asked by on August 02, 2017

2011 BMW X5 needs a Valve Cover Replacement not just gasket...what will it cost? There is high cranckcase pressure at low rpm's causing a squealing noise that can be relieved by taking off the oil fill cap

Hi there. I have forwarded your inquiry to our service and sales department, so they can send you an estimate to replace the valve cover and the gasket on your BMW. However, before having this completed, you might want to have an inspection completed to verify the source. It’s possible that the excessive pressure in the engine is caused by something different, from a damaged vacuum system to compression problems in the cylinder.