Q: What is the best way to replace the catalytic converter?

The bolts to get the Y pipe off are hidden up in the engine bay in the left and right What's the best way to reach them to get the Y pipe off. How to I approach the bracket for the cat that's hidden above the cat next to the transmission. I can see what needs to happen just need tricks tips and advice at how to proceed.

A: The y pipe for the catalytic converters con...

The y pipe for the catalytic converters connects to the exhaust manifolds near the rear of the engine. There's a transmission crossmember that needs to come out and a couple of brackets, but swivel sockets help out a lot in tight places. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and perform the catalytic replacement service for you at your leisure.