Q: B18C Integra screeching sometimes during idle and at low rpm 1.5k. Screeching stops on idle when AC is on.

asked by on June 26, 2017

I have an Integra B18C with some noise sometimes during idle, at low rpm in gear, off throttle or while braking. When it is in idle, I turn on the AC and the noise is gone possible due to rises of rpm. I also believe the noise is coming in the engine pulley/bearings. Or could it be AC compressor? Videos: https://vimeo.com/222989272 https://vimeo.com/223169315

Hi there. If you’re talking about the quick tapping noise in the video, it is likely that this is caused by the drive or serpentine belt pulley’s being worn out and requiring replacement. If the noise goes away when the AC is turned on, I wouldn’t suspect the compressor. I would recommend either replacing your serpentine belt and pulley’s (especially if the service is due) and see if this resolves your problem. If not, have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection to isolate the source of this noise and recommend the right repairs.