Q: Car taking too long to pick up speed

asked by on February 04, 2016

My car is taking too long to pick up speed. In addition, my passenger's side headlight turns on, then it flickers and goes off completely.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the engine seems to lack power than that can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time this is caused by a weak fuel pump or a failing catalytic converter. As for the headlamp the most common cause of this is a bad connection at the bulb. These become loose and would need to be replaced. For the low power issue a mechanic would start by installing a computer scan tool to see if there are any codes or any sensors that are reading incorrectly. If nothing is found at that time then the fuel pressure and converters would be tested. I recommend having a professional mechanic determine the cause of your acceleration issue to let you know what repairs are needed.