Q: I have a 2015 GMC Acadia with a rear backup camera. Is it possible to add a front camera with GM parts?

I have a Acadia with almost all the options. There is a rear view camera. Is it possible to add a front view camera with GM parts?

There was a GM front camera "option" for your vehicle. So long as your vehicle was vended with the matching (required) GM RPO codes, you may be able to incorporate the option now by buying all of the necessary components. A GM parts Department may be able to research the issue for you, or may have an answer at hand based on your VIN number. In addition, there are aftermarket cameras available but you would have to read the reviews and also discuss with the manufacturer whether the camera is really a drop in installation for your specific vehicle. Be sure there is some sort of "satisfaction guarantee" if it turns out not to work. If you desire that the technical issues be resolved and that installation be confirmed (that is, is it possible) and then have the installation performed professionally, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will assist you with this. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have a 2015 GMC Acadia with a rear backup camera. Is it possible to add a front camera with GM parts?