Q: Q: Timing belt

I had the timing belt changed on my VW Caddy two days ago and since then the van has been making a whining noise. The mechanic says this is normal until belt wears in. Is it?

Hello there, a noise after a timing belt repair is not considered normal in your 2009 Volkswagen. If the timing belt is whining, common faults would be a faulty timing belt idler, tensioner, or water pump. This vehicle should be inspected to make sure the timing belt and all components are in working order. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to inspect your timing belt and advise on how to proceed at this point.

3. Q: Timing belt