Q: How to disable the 120 km/h speed warning chime

asked by on October 17, 2016

In my recently bought used 2007 Jeep liberty, once speed passes the 120 km/h limit (as per most middle East countries standards) an annoying non-stop speed warning chime starts, unlike other cars that peeps twice and stops, this one is continually peeping. And here in Dubai, ou highways have a limit of 140 km/h. I know this is on all jeeps (at least middle East version), but surely here is a way to disable it. Any tip would be appreciated.

Hello. This is a speed limiter built into the programming of the computer. You may be able to find an aftermarket computer programmer to add performance to the vehicle and change the speed limit of the vehicle. Alternatively, you may be able to have the dealer adjust it for you with their programmer.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr