Q: What signs do i look for to know if a car motor has a cracked block?

asked by on July 04, 2016

What are signs that a car motor has a cracked block in engine?

Some of the signs of a cracked engine block is oil and water being mixed. Any external leaks on the block can be coolant or oil. The problem with a cracked block is that you can have the same symptoms as a cracked cylinder head or head gasket. The only way to find an internal block crack is to have a machine shop do a block pressure test and magnaflux test it to find cracks. If you suspect a cracked engine block, then you should also look for cylinder head cracks. If the engine overheated enough, then you may have damaged the radiator, head and head gasket, or the cylinder block. You should have a pressure test to see if the leak is identified this way. If you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect for leaks and let you know what should be done.