Q: Throttle Position Sensor

I was getting an error code that my throttle positon sensor was bad. My car would constantly go into "LIMP' mode. I replaced both the accelorator pedal and the throllte body. I replaced them in August. Now the problem is happening again. How can brand new parts begin to fail after only 3 months? Is there something else that might be wrong? I do have a remote start installed on the car too. What could be the issue? Are the wires bad?

A: You replaced the accelerator pedal and the ...

You replaced the accelerator pedal and the throttle body itself. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor that is located on the throttle body used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the accelerator pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your throttle control system.