Q: I have 2006 Nissan Sentra and get only hot air blowing I was possible told may need to change the a/c control unit on the dash, I

I have 2006 Nissan Sentra recently the check engine light came on got the code found out need a new thermostat, but prior to that for the last 5 months the a/c hasn't worked and only hot air blows out, was told may need to replace a/c control unit on the dash, do u guys do that and is the issue with a/c maybe relate to thermostat, the car hasn't overheated either.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may have several issues wrong with it. The switch may the the issue. There are several ways you can test this, but you will need access to the wiring connected to its terminals. However it is easiest to start with some of the most simple solutions typically. This would include checking the level of AC refrigerant in the system. If it is low, there may not be any way of cooling down the air coming into the cab. If not an electrical or refrigerant issue, the system’s compressor may be worn out keeping the circulation from flowing. For help inspecting the system and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.