Q: Reduced engine check engine

I own a Honda Passport. The “Reduced Power” light and the “Check Engine” light came on. The car won’t go over 30 mph. It gave me 2 codes for the Throttle Position Sensor and Accelerator Sensor, and I have changed both of those parts. It worked fine for about 40 miles, and then the lights came back on. The car lost power again. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?

A: It is possible that this could be related t...

It is possible that this could be related to your mass air flow sensor on your 2001 Honda Passport. The mass air flow sensor and the throttle position sensor work in conjunction with each other to send signals to the powertrain control module.

From there, the powertrain control module will decide how much or how little fuel to add to each cylinder depending on the amount of air coming through the intake. If the throttle position sensor is known to be a good part, I would recommend having a certified mechanic run a test on the mass air flow sensor to determine if it is working properly. If the sensor is not working properly, I would recommend having it replaced as this will likely resolve the issues you are having with your vehicle. If you would like to have this checked first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your vehicle’s loss of power and let you know what needs to be done.