Q: When running the radio and/or HVAC, the car (while creeping to a stop) will almost stall and all lights will dim and the radio cuts off.

When running the radio and/or HVAC, the car (while creeping to a stop) will almost stall and all lights will dim and the radio cuts off.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Look under the vehicle to see if the motor mounts are broken or missing. This can cause the engine to tilt too much causing a short in one of the high voltage wires. As the engine is accelerated, the engine is placed in a more upright position. However, when coming to a stop, the engine no longer has a load on it, so it will drop down. If you need further assistance diagnosing the electrical issues with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint the problem and follow through with repairs.

3. When running the radio and/or HVAC, the car (while creeping to a stop) will almost stall and all lights will dim and the radio cuts off.