Q: My car cranks but won't start.

My car will crank but not start. Sometimes it takes a few tries then it starts. But now all it does is crank, and not start I've had the battery die, replaced it, it started fine, then after a few times of starting it, it went back to cranking but not starting.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2002 Pontiac Grand AM. There are several possible causes for a vehicle to not start. There could be a fuel supply problem, an ignition problem, or even a failed sensor. For an issue like this, it would be best to have a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic, perform some diagnostics to identify where the starting problem is located.

3. My car cranks but won't start.