Q: Transmission stopped working suddenly with no early indications whatsoever.

Drove the car from Hickory, NC to Charlotte (appx. 60 miles). The car was working fine until we pulled up to get the parking ticket but would not move at all when we tried to go forward. will not go forward or back in any gear. No warning at all. It just stopped moving. The engine runs fine. Starts easy but will not move. It is a hybrid with the CVT transmission. Is there anything other than the transmission as a whole that can cause this?

Hello there, a variety of issues will cause your 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid to not move in gear. The most common is shift linkage failure, this is the linkage which places the transmission in the selected gear. Other likely faults are the CVT belt, throttle body issues, low CVT fluid level, or torque converter issues. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car will not move in gear and make any repairs required.

3. Transmission stopped working suddenly with no early indications whatsoever.