Q: Changing control arm bushings on a 2009 Subaru WRX

asked by on May 16, 2016

My 'O9 Subaru WRX.On the front driver's side the control arm bushing has a hairline crack. Could this be a reason for car drifting slightly to the right? Can I replace just the bushing or replace the factory control arm?

Things can change but you’ll need to replace it and that is a real pain. On that vehicle, they are very popular. So, you can go to any good aftermarket parts place and get an aftermarket control arm with the bushings built in and at a very reasonable price. I would advise doing that.

Now, if you are not going to try do it yourself, get in touch with the a certified technician who can do this for you. But you can get it at an aftermarket. They are excellent and there is nothing wrong with them. Especially on those cars, you can even get the performance one if you want. A lot of guys take those for racing. So, there is a lot of choice at the aftermarket, and they may be better than the factory stuff in this case. If you need help with this, a certified mechanic can come to your car’s location, diagnose the car, and replace the control arm assembly for you if necessary.