Q: My Suzuki Escudo engages gears when on 4WD mode but does not engage any gear on 2WD mode. What must be the problem?

my suzuki escudo nomade engages gears when on 4 wheel but does not engage any gear on 2 wheel mode what must be the problem. It also jerks when i move it from park to any gear.

Hi there. The synchronizer inside the transfer case has teeth that are ground down on the 2WD selection causing the transfer case not to engage into 2WD. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transfer case issue.

3. My Suzuki Escudo engages gears when on 4WD mode but does not engage any gear on 2WD mode. What must be the problem?