Q: My Suzuki Escudo engages gears when on 4WD mode but does not engage any gear on 2WD mode. What must be the problem?

my suzuki escudo nomade engages gears when on 4 wheel but does not engage any gear on 2 wheel mode what must be the problem. It also jerks when i move it from park to any gear.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The synchronizer inside the transfer case has teeth that are ground down on the 2WD selection causing the transfer case not to engage into 2WD. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transfer case issue.