Q: If the CV axle keeps coming out, what does that mean?

Okay I took out my old CV axle because I got into a accident so I put a new one in and now it keeps popping out, what do I do?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. If the axle h...

Hi, thanks for your question. If the axle has the retainer clip on the end of the inner joint but will not stay in the differential, then the differential may have been damaged from the accident. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.