Q: Vacuum linse hooked up backwards on the engine.

I noticed my vacuum line from brake booster went to carberator and vacuum line from valve cover went to intake manifold, would I notice a difference in performance, the motor is a 383

Hi there. The vacuum hose to the valve cover is not to be under engine vacuum but rather under throttle vacuum. The lines on the valve cover are for ventilation only from leaking combustion gasses. The brakes will work very good when the vacuum line has engine vacuum and not throttle vacuum. Check the vacuum on the brake booster and make sure that its reading engine vacuum (17 to 22 hg of vacuum). This hose should be hooked up to the manifold. Check the hose to the valve cover and make sure that there is no vacuum on it and hook it up to the carburetor with only throttle vacuum (0 to 5 hg of vacuum). If you need further assistance with your vacuum lines, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Vacuum linse hooked up backwards on the engine.