Q: When I press the accelerator, there is a loud vibration coming from my engine which I can feel throughout the car.

When I press the accelerator, the engine makes a loud noise and I can feel the vibration through the car. When I let off the gas, the noise and vibration stop, but it will start up again whenever I press down on the accelerator.

This may be a sign of a clogged catalytic converter. The catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When the catalytic converter is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. This should also cause a check engine light to come on as the O2 sensors should be reading the incorrect amounts of oxygen in the exhaust gases if this is your problem. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your catalytic converter.

3. When I press the accelerator, there is a loud vibration coming from my engine which I can feel throughout the car.