Q: Car not accelerating

My car won't accelerate. I think something is wrong with the transmission.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The two most common causes of this vehicle not accelerating are either a transmission failure or a clogged catalytic converter. If the engine seems to just lack power, then it may be the converter. If the engine power is fine and it is revving high without any response from the vehicle, then it may be the transmission. If the Check Engine Light is on, then I would typically scan the computer for codes to see what the computer is seeing. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the tools to determine what is causing the issue.