Q: Does not go into gear. 2002 Dodge Stratus

While driving down the highway the car stopped responding to the accelerator as acted like it was in neutral. Further attempts yield the same result and car will not go into drive or reverse. Only trouble code is p0403. Checked transmission fluid level, it's dirty but full. Beside faulty transmission what could be causing this?

Hello. The code you are getting is for the EGR system not having good flow. That would not typically cause this drivability issue. From your explanation of the symptoms most of the time these can all stem from a failure of the catalytic converter. If it fails it will clog the exhaust which will cause this to occur. It does sound like it can be a transmission issue also. I usually remove the transmission pan to see if there is metal or other debris in the fluid. If there is, then there is a transmission failure. If you want to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration problem and assist with repairs.

3. Does not go into gear. 2002 Dodge Stratus