soft petal after brake booster replacement on 2013 ford e...

Q: soft petal after brake booster replacement on 2013 ford edge

asked by on September 19, 2017

Could you help me. Is there any way to adjust a push rod when a new 2013 ford edge brake booster part is replaced? My brake petal is now so soft and it use to be much tighter. I can't stand it. The mechanic who replaced it told me there is nothing he can do. I would like the pedal tighter when I brake. What do you think I really appreciate it

Hi Kristy. Typically a soft pedal after replacing a brake booster is caused by a weak or damaged master cylinder, causing a restriction or inconsistent flow of brake fluid through the brake lines to the caliper. It is also possible that an individual wheel cylinder is to blame for the weak brake pedal. You might want to have a second mechanic come to your location to complete a brake pedal inspection to determine what the best course of action might be to resolve your pedal.