Q: Car has P0441 (emission code),mechanic states it could cost from $50-$700, it has multiple things wrong, where to begin?

My vehicle failed emissions with P0441 code, I drive with Uber and don't want my car to cut off or anything and right now ....don't have the money to repair...Please advise...My mechanic states repairs could cost from $50-$700. It's a code with multiple issues that could be wrong, so what should I fix 1st?

This trouble code relates to a purge flow malfunction. The evaporative emissions purge valve takes fuel vapors in the tank and introduces them into the engine in an effort to reduce emissions. The problem can be as simple as the purge valve being stuck or a leak in one of the lines. Usually, a smoke test will reveal any leak very quickly and the electronic valves can be tested against a specification to see if they are faulty. If you are uncomfortable, get a second opinion from a second technician. A professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the cause of the Check Engine code and advise you on the most suitable path to repair.

• Car has P0441 (emission code),mechanic states it could cost from $50-$700, it has multiple things wrong, where to begin?