Q: I HAVE A BAD FRONT DRIVER SIDE BRAKE THAT IS SCRAPNIG METAL ON METAL.

asked by on November 30, 2016

I HAVE A BAD FRONT DRIVER SIDE BRANK THAT IS SCRAPNIG METAL ON METAL. I DONT TRUST CORPORATE BRANDS NEED TRTUSTWORTHY MECHANIC NEAR PARKVILLE 21234

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The front brake pads and rotor must be replaced on the side that has been worn down to the metal and it would be a good idea to do the same to the other side of the vehicle as well, but if the parts are not metal on metal you may not have to if you’re trying to save some money. The rotor on the metal on metal side cannot be cut flat and reused and there are not any places that will try to do this for you as too much metal will have to be removed from the rotor rendering it unusable. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the vehicle and offer a more personal recommendation on the brake parts that need to be replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr