Q: Car shaking more the faster I get

asked by on March 15, 2016

My car has a slight vibration that gets worse as I accelerate. Since this started happening, I have been reluctant to go above 60 MPH.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Several ideas come to mind. Tire issues sometimes manifest themselves as speed related issues. Out of balance tires will vibrate the faster you go. Also tires that are separated or have flat spots will do the same. If the condition is directly related to acceleration, something in the driveline might be the issue. A bent or out of balance driveshaft, broken carrier bearing, or worn u-joint will also cause a vibration when accelerating. Get help form a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help determine why your car is shaking. Driveline problems and separated tires can be dangerous if the decide to fail when you are driving.