My car starts and goes into gear but acts as though it is struggling to accelerate and then it just quit

Car starts and goes into gear but was actually acting as though it was struggling until it just quit

My car has a manual transmission. It was put on the machine at Auto Zone and it said it was the oxygen sensor

This may be many different possibilities, however this sounds a bit like a faulty or dirty idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. Since this valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer, it will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve making the transition from a higher RPM back down to idle speed. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of about ~800 RPM, this often times will cause the engine to stall indicating a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your idle air control valve.