Q: I bought a used vw beetle 2001. diag test came up with codes t0300 t0303 t0172 t0768 mechanic said he would charge 900.00 for the

check engine light is on blinks sometimes and engine cooling light is on . drives rough

A: Each of these codes are for different probl...

Each of these codes are for different problems, and would need to be diagnosed. If you are low on coolant, then your misfire may be due to a blown head gasket and the first three codes. The last code, P0768, is a transmission problem, and may be a solenoid for shifting properly or may be another issue that is giving the code.

All the codes need to be diagnosed and tested to find the problems. The $900 to fix should be more descriptive, as this doesn’t really tell you what is being fixed. Before shelling out that type of money, I recommend having a second opinion on the Check Engine Light codes to ensure that the correct repairs are being done.