Q: Braking issues in 04 Suzuki Aerio with ABS

04 Suzuki Aerio with ABS. The great pedal feels spongy and takes longer to stop. It feels as if the rear brakes are braking more than the front. I checked the four brakes and no leaks. Could it be a bad master cylinder caliper?

The first thing you want to do is check for leaks, and if you are sure there’s no leaking anywhere and you are not losing any fluid, then generally that’s a bad master cylinder. Just go buy a new master cylinder. If it’s not that, then it’s time to go to a mechanic, because the ABS system is super complex and you need very complicated machines to work on those. I’ve got a video "Fixing ABS brake problems on your car" where I use one of those computers and show how they work but that’s something that’s beyond most people. Try a master cylinder replacement first. That’s the answer most of the time.